Even my husband ate this vegan salad up. Perhaps because it was a lot like a fresh salsa in an avocado bowl, instead of the “rabbit food” salad he is used to. Serve slightly chilled (cold takes away from the flavors – you won’t be able to taste the buttery avocado as well.) Make the tomato mixture several hours ahead if you want.
2 avocados, halved and pitted
minced red onion, to taste
2 small tomatoes
2 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp vinegar
1. Mince up your onion – I chose this red darling because she’s sweet. White onion is also popular in the salsa-like salad.
2. Tomatoes are in season so get you some! Can’t you hear them? They’re singing “Eat me!”
3. Fresh parsley brings this simple appetizer alive. I used some from my garden. After I took this picture I realized I wanted more but it was over 100 degrees in my garden and I refused to go back outside. I made due, but go ahead and double the parsley. You won’t regret it. Unless you don’t like parsley.
4. Make sure you add enough oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to make the salad come alive in your mouth. Trust yourself – this is all personal preference.
5. Here’s my favorite part – putting it all together in an avocado boat! Serve slightly chilled.
Recipe Copyright Sasha Martin, Global Table Adventure. For personal or educational use only. This recipe and hundreds more from around the world may be found at www.GlobalTableAdventure.com.