Would you like to be a part of something exciting? Something that’s never before been done?
On October 12, 2013, I’ll be working with my community to try and put a dish from every country in the world on a 200 foot-long string of tables at the Philbrook Museum of Art.
We’re calling it The Global Table Experience.
It’s a peace statement; a way to say What if the entire world really could sit together around a single table in peace and harmony?
The entire event is free and open to the public (yum!); if you can join us in person, we’d love to see your smiling face! Bring a can of food to benefit the Oklahoma Food Bank.
But… guess what? Even if you can’t make it to Tulsa, you’re still invited.
Here’s how YOU can join the Adventure:
[dropshadowbox align=”none” effect=”lifted-both” width=”600px” height=”” background_color=”#ffffff” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#dddddd” ]
1. Pick a recipe from somewhere in the world to try. Try to choose something you’ve never had, possibly from a country you’ve never heard of. We have more than 500 international recipes for you to choose from.
2. Cook that recipe. Enjoy it!
3. On or before October 12, share your photos, videos, and blog posts about your Global Table Experience. You could even pin the recipe you tried!
4. When you Tweet, Pin, and share the recipes you’ve tried, use the following Hashtag: #GlobalTableExperience. That way, we’ll be able to see all the awesomeness you’re doing, and you’ll be able to see everyone else’s, too!
Also be sure to use the hashtag for the country you’re cooking, so they know we’re talking about them. We want to spread the warm fuzzies as far and wide as possible! Yay!
5. Invite a friend to do this with you. Heck, tell a stranger if you want! Let’s try to get as many people as possible cooking the world as we can!
Together we can celebrate every culture; with each step, we’re closer to a peaceful world.