Both tangy and sweet, Sabse Borani is no ordinary spinach dip. The caramelized onion is this recipe’s secret to success.
1 cup frozen, chopped spinach
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup drained yogurt
1. Drain yogurt over a small bowl for 1 hour. Use either a coffee filter in a large colander or a fine strainer by itself.
2. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Saute the onion until golden, stirring occasionally. This can take 15 minutes. Watch that your pan does not dry out and the onions burn. If you do think the pan is drying out, add a little water and/or cover.
3. Add garlic and heat until aromatic.
4. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
5. In a small bowl, combine yogurt with spinach mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. For maximum flavor, serve cool, but not cold.
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
For maximum flavor, serve cool, but not cold.
Recipe Copyright Sasha Martin, Global Table Adventure. For personal or educational use only.