Cocada Angolana is an intensely sweet dessert. Make sure to add plenty of cinnamon; the warm spice rounds out the flavor.
1 cup water
2 cups sugar
4 whole cloves
4 cups grated coconut
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1-2 Tbsp cinnamon
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook water sugar, and cloves. Stir until dissolved. Heat until mixture reaches soft-ball stage on a candy thermometer (about 240F).
2. Using a spoon carefully discard cloves.
3. Add coconut and milk. The mixture will clump. Continue to stir until smooth. Simmer for a few minutes.
4. Spoon into serving dishes and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve chilled.
|Cook Time||Passive Time|
Recipe Copyright Sasha Martin, Global Table Adventure. For personal or educational use only.